This three-part series is about Dating 101. It aims to share the DOs and DONTs before, during and after a date. On the first series, let’s tackle the five (5) basic items to remember before going to the date proper.
- Research, research!
- For men. Do a research on your lady before asking her out. What type of food does she like? What activities would interest her? From here, you can plan on where to treat her best.
- For women. Check the guy out first. Don’t be so hasty in turning down the invitation. You never know, he might be the one!
- Plan and visualize the date before it happens.
- For men. Once you have an idea of her likes and dislikes, start planning. Where will you treat her? Choose a romantic ambience where you both have a common ground. Do not be defined with the usual perception of “romance”. You can challenge her to a tennis match and still be romantic and sweet by inviting her favorite couple in the world. How long will the date be? Would it be a morning, noon, afternoon or evening rendezvous? How do you keep the conversation going? Connection is the most essential aspect above all these so remember to think of ways to connect.
- For women. Take it all in a stride. No high expectations. If he asks you to go to the movies with him, imagine beforehand the films where you’d get a glimpse of his character. Do not make abrupt judgment on the activity type he offers.
- Take a rest and be relaxed.
- For men. Have a break for an hour or two prior to the ‘event’. If you would be coming from work, stay where you can de-stress. Coming to the date well-rested will do wonders to your overall aura.
- For women. Indulge yourself to a quick trip to a beauty salon or spa. This will certainly relax all stressed muscles strained from the day’s work.
- Dress up!
- For men. First impressions last. Catch her attention by dressing up wisely. A very small dab of masculine cologne can activate human pheromones. Let the pheromones advantage weave its magic. Wear a watch to show your personality. Trim your nails and have a haircut as you deem necessary.
- For women. Select clothes that will highlight your greatest features. No too much skin though. Opt for comfortable yet stylish and flattering look. And of course, be sure to smell nice.
- Meeting arrangement.
- For men. Do you pick her up at her house? If so, make sure to bring her favorite flowers or anything that will set the mood right. Do you meet at the dating place? Be ahead at least by five (5) minutes to give a good impact.
- For women. If he’s coming to your place, be ready and prompt. Quickly scan your interiors to see if it projects who you are. If you’re going to meet elsewhere, time your arrival. Too early could mean you’re too excited. Too late could signify you’re not interested.
Tune in to the next post for the dating guide checklist while on a date.