A lot of people take considerable effort and time in trying to look good and presentable to other people. While attention is often given to the hairstyle, outfits, and accessories, it is also good to put on something that will appeal not to the sense of sight but to the sense of smell.
There are many different kinds of perfumes that you can choose from. A wide variety of scents are often available from various brands and manufacturers that will appeal to different kinds of people. There are even human pheromones perfumes that supposedly contain women or men pheromones so that the wearer will be more appealing to the opposite gender.
No matter what kind of perfume you may choose to wear, it is undeniable that using perfume has a lot of benefits. Below are some of them.
- Smell good. The primary reason why many people use perfume is to smell good. This is the biggest and most important benefit of using perfume. Although perfumes are not meant to hide bad smells, it will help ensure that you smell good no matter what you do.
- Confidence booster. Just like with an outfit that you know looks good on you, wearing perfume can help boost your confidence simply because you know that you smell wonderful. Choosing a scent that accurately reflects your personality also helps put you in the right mood as well as helps you project yourself with more confidence.
- Mood enhancer. Are you feeling playful and sexy? Or maybe timid and reserved? All perfumes offer particular smells that you can associate with different moods. Wearing a perfume whose smell corresponds to the mood that you are in will help you project this mood better. Whatever mood you wish to put yourself in, wearing a perfume that gives off that impression will help you get yourself in that mood faster.
- Increase attraction. Many individuals have experienced being attracted to someone simply because of how the other person smells. Whether a perfume contains pheromones or not, it can easily function as a natural aphrodisiac or an instant attraction-getter. Sometimes even without seeing what a person looks like, some people can instantly feel attracted to someone because of how that person smells.
- Improve health. Although there are no specific evidence to prove that using perfume can improve health, the benefits discussed above, particularly about enhancing one’s mood, will help to improve one’s health.
Whether there is a special occasion coming up or you simply want to surprise your significant other, buying a gift is something that you will do at least once. Among the usual options when buying a gift for a partner is perfume.
However, giving perfume to your partner can be quite tricky. For your partner to really appreciate it, the perfume has to appeal to his or her sense of smell. Below are some tips to help you when buying perfume for your partner.
- Go for his or her signature perfume. If your partner has a perfume that he or she is loyal to, it is safest to buy the same perfume for him or her. However, this will only work best if he or she has an almost empty bottle of perfume. Otherwise, your gift might sit for a long time in storage before it gets opened and used. So make sure to make a discreet check of how much more perfume your partner still has. You may also try asking your partner whether he or she is running out of perfume soon.
- Go for his or her personality. If you are planning on buying a new scent for your partner, make sure to go for a scent that suits his or her personality. Is your partner sporty? Do you think a floral smell or a citrus one will fit her better? Choose a perfume whose scent reminds you of your partner. You might also want to try giving a pheromone cologne which supposedly makes the wearer more attractive to the opposite sex with the inclusion of human pheromones in its ingredients.
- Go for a popular one. It might also be a safe option for you to choose among the most popular perfumes in the market. There are many branded perfumes such as those by Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Dior, Ralph Lauren, Versace, and many more. However, these branded perfumes can be quite pricey. If you prefer something that is not very expensive but smells as good as a particular brand or scent, consider looking for imitation perfumes that are designed to smell like the real branded ones.
- Go for a seasonal one. Various perfumes appeal to different seasons. Some perfumes are better worn during the summer while there are some that are better during colder weather. Choose a perfume that is appropriate for the season or the weather in your location.