How would you know if your boyfriend is the one? Incredible romantics would say “you would just know”. However, it is not as simple as that. You need a more solid proof or further indication to back that up else you could end up either becoming a playgirl switching lovers the way you switch clothes daily or worse, being an old maid, hopelessly waiting for that one non-existent guy to sweep you off your feet. Here are six (6) signs to guide you in telling if he’s the one.
- There’s friendship. What constitute friendship? Respect, honesty, faith, loyalty, and support. You have your own differences yet have mutual respect. You give and receive tough love and understand that honesty is a must. You trust and believe in one another. You are both loyal even in the middle of disagreements and challenges. You are there to stand by, defend, protect and support the other when needed. Just like a best friend, your family, loved ones and circle of friends agree that he brings out the best in you and vice versa.
- There’s mutual attraction. That sizzling chemistry is ever present. You feel pheromones at work every time you’re together. You find your scents irresistible – you with his aftershave, him with your pheromone cologne, even natural sweat. The movements, the manner of talking pull you closer to one another. There’s a thirst to know anything and everything – good, bad, ugly.
- Love never ceases and maturity grows. It gets stronger as each day passes by. Everyday, you find different reasons to love and fall in love. Regardless if you had a big fight a few minutes ago and had a shouting match, you are both matured and secured as individuals to welcome it as an added spice in the relationship and consider it normal as breathing itself.
- Words are not necessary. One quick look at his face and you know what’s he’s undergoing. It’s similar for him when he sees you. It’s like being part of each other that you fully understand what it’s like without uttering a word. You’re comfortable with your spaces. You can sit in silence for an hour without talking nor touching and still think that it’s the most special moment you shared. This signifies how at ease you are with the company of the other that spending a lifetime is not scary at all but instead, something to look forward to.
- Flaws and fine points are not separate and seen as one. You accept him for what he is and he does too to you. You are yourself. You don’t need to wear make up and take super pains to appear pretty just so to impress him. He doesn’t have to be really cool and sexy to capture and maintain your interest. You’re still perfect in his eyes as he is to you. You’ve seen the worst of each other and you don’t mind a bit.
- You have the same goals and dreams. You want the same things in life. It all goes down on how you see the future. You agree and compromise on things that really matter – living in the suburbs, having kids, enriching family values and the like.